How to apply for Ghana Immigration Service
The Ghana Immigration Service is a government agency that is responsible for managing immigration and border control in the country. It also monitors the movement of foreign nationals into and out of the country, and promotes international cooperation on immigration matters.
Applying for a job with the Ghana Immigration Service is a relatively straightforward process that can be completed with the help of a few simple steps. This article will explain the process of how to apply for a job at the Ghana Immigration Service, from the initial application to the interview.
Duties of Ghana Immigration Service
- Guards the state border to prevent illegal entry of persons and goods without a valid residence permit.
- Checks the personal identification documents of persons entering/leaving the country.
- Asks persons entering the state territory questions.
- Comparing goods declared in the customs declaration with the actual state.
- Conduct random and targeted personal examinations and examinations of luggage, hand luggage, vehicles, etc.
- Confiscate illegal and non-officially declared goods to the Exchequer.
- Supervising the disposal of illegal goods under the temporary management of the state.
Ghana Immigration Service recruitment requirements
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record.
- Must hold SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with Five (5) credits including English Language or Mathematics.
- Must be of a minimum age of 18 and not more than 30 years by 31st December 2021.
- Must be physically and medically fit.
- Must be of good character.
- Must not be bonded.
- Must have a minimum height of 173 cm (5ft 8inch) for Males and 163 cm (5ft 4inch) for Females.
How to Apply for Ghana Immigration Service
- First, buy the eVoucher from any of the Ghana Commercial Bank branches across the country.
- On the eVoucher, you will have a PIN code and a Serial Number.
- Visit the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) Recruitment Portal.
- In the portal, click the Apply Now Button and enter the eVoucher Serial Number and PIN code details to begin the process.
- Now Select your highest educational level and proceed.
- Select the preferred branch and enter your Biography and Educational data.
- Upload a passport- sized picture of dimension (200×180) in pixels.
- Cross check and correct any error, and when done, you submit.
- Print out a copy of the application summary report, which contains details of your Applicant Identification (ID Number) and other relevant data.
- Congratulations. You have successfully submitted your GIS application. Now you will have to wait for the next stage.
How much is the Ghana Immigration Service forms
You can purchase an Immigration eVoucher at a cost of One Hundred and Twenty Ghana Cedis (GHS 120.00) from the various branches of the GCB Bank Ltd across the country.
How long is Ghana Immigration Service training?
Ghana Immigration Service Training takes a maximum period of 18 months for regular career course (RCC) officer cadets and 6 months for the short service and special duties commission (SSC/SD) officer cadets.
How many training school does Ghana Immigration Service have?
The ISATS is made up of Two (2) Schools: the Immigration Service Academy (ISA) and the Immigration Service Training School (ISTS).
How much is the Ghana Immigration Service salary?
The Salary for the majority of workers in Customs and border inspectors in Ghana is not specified, but some say the salary may be of range GHS 650.00 to GHC4,600.00 per month excluding other bonuses and allowances given to the workers.
Applying for a job with the Ghana Immigration Service is a fairly straightforward process and can be done without any major hassles. This guide should help you get started on the process of applying for a job with the Ghana Immigration Service.