How to register SIM Card in Ghana
Are you planning to travel to Ghana and need to register your SIM card? Registering a SIM card in Ghana is a an easy process that requires only a few documents and a few simple steps.
In Ghana, registering a SIM card is a relatively straightforward process, but it is important to understand the legal requirements and the steps involved in order to ensure that the process is completed correctly.
In this article, we will take a look at the procedure for registering a SIM card in Ghana, the legal requirements, and how to go about the process. So, if you’re in the market for a new SIM card in Ghana, read on to find out all that you need to know.
Before you start the registration process, make sure to have the following documents with you:
- Ghana Card
- Digital Address code
Ghana Card SIM registration requirements
- The minimum age for registration of Ghana Card SIM is 15 years to enable JHS pupils register SIM to enhance their education.
- All new and old SIM subscribers will have to produce A Citizen Ghana card for Ghanaians or Non-Citizen Ghana Card for foreigners to acquire a new SIM card.
- For Businesses such as MTN SIM vendors to register sims in bulk, the Operators will be required to verify the Business Registration documents with the Registrar General’s Department and verify the identity of the Shareholder or the Director for Limited Liability Companies and Public Institutions respectively.
How to register a SIM Card in Ghana
Once you have all the documents ready, you can start the registration process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Dial the Ghana Card SIM Registration
short code *404#.
- Enter Your Ghana Card Pin (letters and figures without hyphens).
- Confirm Ghana Card Pin.
- Enter Your Surname.
- Enter Your First Name(s)
- Enter Date of Birth (Format: DDMMYYYY)
- Enter Select Sex (Male or Female)
- Confirm the Details entered and click Submit
- A unique code will be generated for you
- The last process is for you to visit any Ghana Card Office near you with the unique code to complete the registration process.
- After receiving the unique code, write them down and visit your network service providers office.
- Take all the documents (Ghana card, digital address) along with you to complete the registration process.
- Provide your Ghana card as a proof of identity.
- Pay the registration fee and any other additional fees required by the telecom service provider.
- Receive a confirmation SMS from the telecom service provider confirming the successful registration of your SIM card.
- You can now use your SIM card after the registration process is complete.
Ghana Card SIM registration limits
- Ghana Card users can register a total
number of 10 SIM Cards across all networks and Foreigners have a limit of 3 SIM Cards across all networks.
- Registered Ghana Card SIM Cards of Businesses will be linked to a Shareholder or Director of the Business and if a Business Ghana Card SIM Card is found to have been engaged in a fraudulent activity, the Shareholder or Director will be held liable.
Ghana Card SIM registration for foreigners
- Foreigners visiting Ghana can acquire an
Ghana Card SIM Card using their Passports however they can only use the SIM Card for 30 days after which it will be deactivated.
- Foreigners who want to use a Ghana Card SIM Card for more than 30 days will have to obtain the Non-Citizen Ghana Card to do so.
That is all it takes to register your SIM card in Ghana. Make sure to keep all the documents with you at all times and follow the steps mentioned above for a hassle-free registration process.