How to Calculate Duty with the Ghana Trade Hub Duty Application
Vehicles bought abroad are relatively cheaper and more genuine. When it gets to Ghana, you will need to pay duty on it before it will be cleared for your use. Gone are the days when you can easily get duped when calculating to pay your vehicle duty fee.
Thanks to technology and modernization, you can now generate the duty on the vehicle you are importing on your smartphone, from the comfort of your home. How cool is that?
We will take you through the steps to do this in a bit, but first you need to contact the agency you purchased the vehicle from or relevant parties for information on the vehicle. This will help you in the process of clearing and in filling the gaps for generating your duty amount.
Take the step to step guide below to calculate the duty on your vehicle using the Ghana Trade Hub Duty calculator application.
- Download and install the Trade Hub mobile application on Google playstore or apple app store.
- When it opens, click on the duty calculator
- Now fill the automated blanks for the following;
- Is the vehicle used or new? Check it
- Select the make of the vehicle, thus, the brand name. The make is also known as the forename of the vehicle. Eg. Toyota, Hyundai, Lexus
- Now select the model of the vehicle. Thus, the name attached to the brand name or make of the vehicle. Eg. Civic, Elantra, Vitz. Sometimes the model names come with different configurations. Choose the one that fits your vehicle.
- Specify the year that vehicle was manufactured. If you do not know the year the vehicle was manufactured, don’t forge it. Contact the agency you bought the vehicle from to give you the right information. The wrong details can mess with the amount you’re supposed to pay.
- Press the ‘Find’ button which will give you a review of the information you have provided. Go through to check if all the input is correct.
- Click on the ‘View Duty’ tab. You will be shown the total duty you are supposed to pay in Ghana cedis. Take a screen shot or print out the page for future reference.
The trade hub considers the information you provide. They also check the volume and features of the vehicle to bill you so make sure to provide only the right information.
You cannot clear your vehicle without paying it’s duty. According to the countries constitution, it is only the president that is exempted from paying duty on the vehicles he or she imports.
The trade hub duty calculator app was designed with you in mind, download it today. It is free to download and free to use. The automation also makes it easy to be used by everyone.
If you still prefer to use the old method to calculate your vehicle duty, that is entirely up to you. However, to avoid being duped or missing certain important details that would affect your calculation, you are advised to download the application and use.
If you have already used the application in the past, let us know what you like about it in the comment section below.