Faux Locs: Styles, where to have it done and cost in Ghana
Faux locs are a great way to protect your natural hair and add a unique style to your look. Faux locs are a type of synthetic hair extensions, typically made with Marley hair, that are styled to resemble dreadlocks or locs. They provide an alternative to the more permanent process of getting real locs. With faux locs, you can switch up your style in just a few hours without the commitment of traditional locs.
There are different types of faux locs available, so you can choose the one that best suits your style and personality. Faux locs can be done in Ghana at an affordable cost. In this article, we will discuss the different types of faux locs, where to get them done in Ghana, how much they cost, and the pros and cons of getting them.
The different types of Faux Locs
When it comes to faux locs, there are several varieties to choose from. Here are some of the most popular types of faux locs:
1. Marley Faux Locs
These are some of the most popular faux locs on the market. They are made of 100% human hair that has been specially processed and curled to mimic the texture of traditional locs. They come in various sizes, including short, medium and long, allowing you to create a style that is unique to you.
2. Goddess Faux Locs
Goddess faux locs are a more subtle style of faux locs. They are slightly thinner and lighter than marley faux locs and come in various shades and lengths. They are perfect for those looking for an understated yet beautiful look.
3. Crochet Faux Locs
Crochet faux locs are made by crocheting the hair onto cornrow braids. This method creates an intricate, interwoven pattern that looks like real locs. The crochet method is also less time consuming than traditional locs and is often less expensive.
4. Bohemian Faux Locs
Bohemian faux locs are a fun and unique way to change up your look. They are made from high-quality synthetic hair and can be customized to achieve any desired look. They come in various sizes, ranging from short and wavy to long and straight.
Where to get Faux Locs done in Ghana
If you’re in Ghana and looking for a salon to get faux locs done, there are plenty of places you can go. A few of the most popular salons for faux locs in Ghana include:
- Slay Hair Bar, located in Osu, Accra
- Natural Sisters Hair Salon, located in Ashaiman.
- Mystique Hair Design, located in Kumasi.
- J’s Beauty Spot, located in Takoradi.
No matter where you choose to go, make sure you do your research and find a salon that is reputable and has experienced stylists. Faux locs require a lot of patience and skill, so you want to make sure that you’re getting the best quality service possible.
How much faux locs cost in Ghana
The cost for having your faux locs installed by a professional ranges from GHS 500 to GHS 700 depending on the type of faux locs style you want. Crochet faux is less expensive, while hand-wrapping costs more. The prices varies depending on where you get yours installed.
Advantages of Faux Locs
- Faux locs are very low maintenance and do not require daily styling. They also last for up to 3 months without needing any maintenance or restyling.
- Faux locs are highly versatile and come in a variety of styles and textures. You can choose to have them curly, wavy, or straight. You can also add beads or other decorative items to your locs to give them a unique look.
- Faux locs are a great protective style that helps protect your hair from breakage, damage, and split ends. This is especially important if you have natural hair or chemically treated hair that may be prone to breakage.
- Faux locs are very easy to install, taking only a few hours to complete. They can be installed at home or in a salon.
- Faux locs are a great way to create a stylish look without having to commit to a permanent hairstyle. Whether you’re looking for a sleek and chic style or something bold and edgy, faux locs are a great choice.
Disadvantages of Faux Locs
- Faux locs can be very heavy, especially if you opt for thicker versions of the style. This can cause unnecessary strain on your scalp, neck, and shoulders.
- If faux locs are installed incorrectly, there is the potential for traction alopecia. This is hair loss due to excessive tension on the hair follicles. It is important to make sure the stylist performing your faux locs uses minimal tension while installing them.
- Installation can be time-consuming. Depending on the size and thickness of the faux locs, installation may take up to several hours to complete.
- Maintenance can be difficult. It is difficult to moisturize and wash faux locs without loosening or detangling them. This can make them less neat and organized over time.
- Faux locs may not last as long as other protective styles. Depending on the type of hair used to create the faux locs, they may unravel after a few months and need to be re-done.
Faux locs are a great way to switch up your look and give you the long, luscious locks you desire. The cost of faux locs in Ghana is typically very affordable, making them an attractive option for those who want to add some unique flair to their hair. If you’re considering faux locs, make sure you do your research and find a stylist who can provide you with the look you want.