How To Activate University of Ghana Email Account (UGmail)
Have you been offered admission to study at the premier University of Ghana? If YES, then on behalf of the entire Asetena.com team, I congratulate you on your admission.
Whenever you are offered admission at a university in Ghana, one of the things you need to do is to register for your courses online. After registering one other thing you need to do is to activate your student email account provided by the school.
University of Ghana is one such institution that provides students with an email account. In your admission letter, you will be provided with the details of your UG student email account.
This email account is what the school will use to communicate all the information to you during the course of your study in University of Ghana. Without activating your UGmail, you will not be able to receive an email from the University of Ghana.
Therefore, it is mandatory that you activate your UGmail before you begin your study. And in this article, I am going to show you how to activate your University of Ghana Email Account (UGmail).
How To Activate Your University of Ghana Email Account (UGmail)
- Visit mail.google.com/a/st.ug.edu.gh or simply mail.google.com
- Log into your email account using the email ([email protected]) and password (UgXXXXXXXX?) provided. (Where XXXXXXX is your UG student ID).
- On the next page, you will be required to change the default password to your preferred password.
- Enter a new alphanumeric password and then re-type it again to confirm.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to complete your UGmail activation.
Requirement for Activating Your University of Ghana Email Account (UGmail)
Before you can be allowed to activate your UGmail, you are required to have or have done the following. Other than that, you will always be told that the password you have entered is incorrect.
- You need to be offered admission by the University of Ghana
- A University of Ghana provisional admission letter
- You need to pay the required amount of school fees 48 working hours before you can be allowed to activate your UGmail
- Once you meet all the requirements above, then you are good to go with the activation of your University of Ghana email account (UGmail).
UGmail Prohibited Use
Members of the university must never use the University’s email system to:
- Send emails that may detrimental to the University or its users
- Conduct non-University of Ghana business
- Circulate information that is discriminatory, provocative, abusive, obscene, or inappropriate in any way
- Send information that violates someone’s privacy
- Send spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- Email University confidential data to external email accounts without authorization
UGmail Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the appropriate email signature?
As a student or staff at the University of Ghana with a University of Ghana email account, you are required to use this signature for all the emails you send.
- Your full name
- Your job title (Student, or Staff)
- Telephone number
- Secondary email address
Can you use your UGmail for personal purposes?
After you activate your UGmail, you are at liberty to use it for your personal use without asking for any permission from the university. But, if you wish to use your email for personal use, you need to make sure that what you are using the email for is not going to compromise the security of the university.
Is your email account confidential?
Because this email account was created by the University of Ghana is occasionally monitored and all the emails that are sent or received will be checked at any time without giving you prior notice.
Therefore, it is advisable that you create your own email account for other stuff. Because, your privacy is not secured and when you are found to be against the policies, your account will be disabled.
When will the account be terminated?
When you leave the university, you need to inform the University of Ghana Computing Systems (UGCS) for your account to be terminated. Once your account is terminated, it will no longer be able and therefore will protect your privacy.
The University Ghana email account (UGmail) is created to give the school a database to easily channel out information to the entire university community.
So I urge you to activate your account so that you will never be behind on any important information. If you have any questions about the activation of your University of Ghana email account (UGmail), feel free to ask it in the comments section below and I will help you out.