ActionAid Ghana Recruitment 2018 For Project Manager; Apply now
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the ActionAid Ghana Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ActionAid Ghana Recruitment 2018
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ an experienced and self- motivated individual to fill the position of a Project Manager for its Sustainable Livelihoods and Transparent Local Authorities (SLATLA) Project funded by the European Union (EU).
Salary: This role is on SM4 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
Location of role: Accra.
The role will provide strategic oversight and coordinate the implementation of the Sustainable Livelihoods and Transparent Local Authorities (SLATLA) project across two regions in Ghana with the guidance of project documents, and in accordance with contractual agreement with the donor and other institutional stakeholders.
The position reports to the Head of Programmes, Campaigns and Innovation and directly supervises the SLATLA Project Officer.
• Develop elaborate project strategies to enhance effective implementation towards achievement of stated project results.
• Lead in the development of tools, manuals and training resources needed to ensure successful project implementation.
• Coordinate project activities and liaise with Sunyani West and La-Nkwantanang-Madina Municipal Assemblies and their agencies, communities, project beneficiaries and other stakeholders to ensure effective project delivery.
• Work with relevant national and local partners, stakeholders and collaborators to ensure project takeaways influences relevant policies on livelihoods and local governance.
• Develop annual critical pathways to ensure that project implementation plan is in line with the priorities and Key Result Areas of the Country Strategy Paper (CSP) as well as outcomes of project under implementation.
• Work closely with Regional Programmes to ensure that project takeaways are mainstreamed into programme work as relevant.
• Anticipate project risks and take steps to mitigate them.
• Conduct periodic reviews, reflections and planning meetings with communities, implementing partners and other stakeholders to inform project strategies.
• Lead in the organization and facilitation of project review meetings with the active participation of beneficiaries and all relevant stakeholders.
• Sustain positive partnership and networking relationships with institutional partners (Sunyani West District Assembly and La-Nkwantanang-Madina Municipal Assembly) and other key stakeholders on the project.
• Provide strategic support to increase understanding and appreciation of changes in project agreements and direction.
• Actively participate in donor review and reflection meetings, and highlight project successes, challenges and mitigating measure to overcome challenges.
• Maintain positive relationships with donor agency at all times.
• Prepare and ensure that periodic technical and financial reports of the project are submitted to donor organizations as per the contract specification and deadlines.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The Candidate must hold at least a Master’s Degree in Project Management with at least 3 years of work experience in the development sector.
• Knowledge and experience in project management especially related to livelihoods and local governance projects.
• Knowledge of developing concept notes and proposal
• Skills in writing reports and case studies
• Skills in lobbying, advocacy and campaign initiatives
• Proven competencies in designing and conducting training and workshops
• Knowledge of strategic management principles
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Child sensitivity.
• Interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions to problems.
• Ability to take timely decisions.
• Knowledge of the planning process
• Knowledge of the principles of management
• Ability to establish plans for achieving targets.
• Ability to provide coaching and support when needed.
• Ability to make effective presentations.
• Ability to write effective reports.
This is a fixed term employment contract for two (2) years ending June, 2020 on national terms and conditions.
How To Apply For The Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitaes CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Here To Download Application Form
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
or forwarded to:
The Head of HROD & Administration,
P. O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: + 233244-316392 / +23328-9109560
Closing Date: 10 August, 2018
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”