How to make tom brown
Tom Brown is a classic comfort food that has been around for generations. Whether you’re looking to recreate a cherished family tradition or trying something new, it’s easy to make this beloved dish in your own kitchen. Tom brown is usually taken as breakfast in many homes. It is noted for its unique brown colour and very rich in minerals and vitamins.
From finding the right ingredients to mastering the technique, this guide will help you make the perfect Tom Brown.
Ingredients and equipment
- Roasted corn flour
- Honey optional
- Nutmeg optional
- Cinnamon powder
- A pinch of ginger powder
- Cooking pot
How to prepare
- Pour the roaster corn flour into a clean glass.
- Add a reasonable amount of water and stir to form a thick paste.
- Make sure you stir uniformly to avoid lumps from forming.
- Pour water into a cooking pot and set on fire under high heat.
- Allow the water to boil and lower the heat.
- Pour the mixture into the hot water.
- Stir continuously and uniformly until it thickens up.
- Add little pinch of salt and nutmeg (optional).
- For a spicy taste, add some cinnamon powder to the mixture and stir.
- If the mixture is too thick for your liking, add water in bits.
- Add honey or sugar to taste and stir consistently.
- Reduce heat and allow the mixture to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and check if it is okay.
- Put fire off and remove food from fire.
- Your Tom Brown is ready for consumption.
- Serve food whiles hot.
Is Tom Brown porridge healthy?
It has been confirmed that the Tom Brown porridge is healthy and recommended to all including the young and the old. If possible, it is best to ensure you eat some porridge a few times a week. The Tom Brown porridge is not only pocket-friendly but also nutritious and delicious for everyone. Try the recipe and give your taste buds a treat.
Is it advisable to eat porridge every morning?
The intake of this type of porridge daily stabilizes the blood sugar levels. This reduces attacks against the body enhancing your system at the end of the day.
Making Tom Brown is an easy and enjoyable process that can be done with just a few ingredients. With a little bit of patience and creativity, anyone can make a delicious, wholesome, and healthy Tom Brown for their family or friends. With a touch of sweetness and a boost of nutrition, Tom Brown is a great meal for any occasion.