NAFTI School Fees Schedule for 2019/2020
National Film and Television Institute School Fees Schedule 2018/2019: NAFTI School Fees for 2018/2019 Academic Year. The National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI) School fees schedule contains the total amount payable by both Ghanian and Foreign students for all programmes.
www.nafti.edu.gh fees: Below Is the Official National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI) Fees schedule to be paid by each undergraduate student respectively for the academic session.
The following policies and procedures are applicable to all students who officially register for programmes at the National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI). The Institute reserves the right to change fees without prior notice to the student. However, fee changes are subject to approval by the Governing Council.
National Film and Television Institute School Fees Schedule.
Below is the National Film and Television Institute School Fees Schedule for the 2018/2019 academic session.
|NATIONAL FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE|
|SCHEDULE OF APPROVED FEES FOR 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR|
|PROGRAMME||SESSION||STATUS||LOCAL STUDENTS GH¢||INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS US$|
|DIPLOMA (PART 1)||WEEKEND||All||3,024.50||3,000.00|
|TOP -UP DIPLOMA||EVENING||All||3,300.00||3,000.00|
|12 DAYS SHORT COURSE||WEEKDAY||All||937.50||937.50|
|OPTIONAL COSTS/ EXPENSES & ALLOWANCES :|
|DESCRIPTION||REGULAR DEGREE||TOP-UP DEGREE||CERTIFICATE/ DIPLOMA PROGRAMME||SHORT COURSE||INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS|
|FOOD (LUNCH ONLY EXCLU. PUBLIC HOLIDAY & WEEK-END OPTIONAL)||2,250.00||2,250.00||1,125.00||312.50||900.00|
|FOOD (BREAKFAST & DINNER INCLU. WEEK-END)||4,500.00||4,500.00||2,250.00||75.00||1,800.00|
|BOOK ALLOWANCE (OPTIONAL)||625.00||625.00||250.00||–||500.00|
|POCKET ALLOWANCE (OPTIONAL)||3,000.00||3,000.00||1,500.00||187.50||2,400.00|
|TOTAL OPTINAL COSTS/EXPS., ETC.||13,045.00||13,045.00||6,621.00||1,055.00||8,005.00|
A. PROGRAMME FEES PAYMENT POLICY
- First year students are to pay their programme fee in full before orientation.
- Levels 200 to 400 students who are unable to pay the full amount must follow the payment schedule below:
NO. ITEM GHANAIAN STUDENTS: AMOUNT PAYABLE (GH₵) INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: AMOUNT PAYABLE (US$) DEADLINE PENALTY (i) First Installment NOT LESS THAN 50% NOT LESS THAN 50% On Friday of the Third week in September 2017 The Institute will not register students who fail to pay as scheduled. Students would not be allowed to write first semester Exams. Students would also not be scheduled to undertake their practical production exercises. (ii) Second Installment ALL THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE ALL THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE On Friday of the second week of February 2018 i.e., BEFORE THE SECOND SEMESTER Marked scripts and results will not be released to students who fail to pay as scheduled. Students would not be allowed to write second semester Exams. Students would also not be scheduled to undertake their practical production exercises. TOTAL PAYMENT 100% 100%
Please call the Institute’s Finance Office on 0302-777610 Ext 231 for the prevailing exchange rate in respect of foreign students who wish to pay their fees in Ghana cedis equivalent.
In addition to the penalties stated in the table above, the Institute reserves the right to activate any of the following sanctions, if a student fails to meet payment schedules:
- Students going into the second semester will not be permitted to continue with the programme. Class assignment will be rejected and marked scripts for the first semester would not be released to students.
- Level 400 students going into the second semester will not be assigned project/script supervisors.
- These policies shall apply to all students including international and scholarship support students.
- Students are required to pay school fees by banker’s draft (from any bank) payable to National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI).
Foreign Students can make Payments at the Bank of Ghana into any of the Following Accounts:
(a) ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1018631544029
ACCOUNT NAME: NAFTI ACCOUNT NO. 2
BRANCH NAME: ACCRA CENTRAL
CURRENCY ACCOUNT: GHANA CEDI (GH¢)
CONTACT NUMBER : +233-(0)302-777610
SWIFT CODE : BAGHGHAC
(b) ACCOUNT NUMBER : 1028531544019
ACCOUNT NAME : NAFTI DOLLAR ACCOUNT
BRANCH NAME : ACCRA CENTRAL
CURRENCY ACCOUNT : US DOLLAR (US$)
CONTACT NUMBER : +233-(0)302-777610
SWIFT CODE : BAGHGHAC
The Banker’s draft or pay-in slip from Bank of Ghana should be submitted to the Institute Finance Office, where an official receipt, bearing the name and programme of student would be issued.
- Payment of programme fee with Cash at the Institute may not be accepted.
- Please note that students who send third parties to pay fees on their behalf should ensure that student’s name, as it appears on admission letter are used in bank transactions. Bank payments which record names of third parties other than that of admitted students will not be processed.
- Late registration is prohibited unless on medical grounds. Such a case should be presented in writing to the Registrar of the Institute for consideration, after which when approved shall attract a penalty. Penalty for late registration shall be 7% of the stipulated school fees of the current year and shall be adjusted when necessary.
B. DEFERMENT OF ADMISSION
The Institute shall grant requests for deferment of programmes for newly admitted students for a period of one academic year, on the following conditions:
- An applicant who wishes to defer admission shall write a letter to the Dean of Studies of the Institute, within three weeks from the date of re-opening of the academic year, stating the intended period to commence the programme. If the Institute does not receive such a deferment letter within the stipulated three-weeks, no refund shall be made. Deferment of an offer of admission for more than one academic year shall be deemed as a revocation of the offer.
- A request for deferral shall be granted only if a down payment of 50% of the fee has been paid to the Institute.
- Upon request for refund of the down payment, only 60% of such down payment shall be refunded to a student upon failure to enroll within the one academic year, or if the student decides not to report for the programme.
The following policies shall apply to students who wish to withdraw from the programme of study after academic work begins:
Withdrawal within first week of lectures 25% of programme fee shall be deducted from amount paid
Withdrawal within second week of lectures 50% of programme fee shall be deducted from amount paid
Withdrawal within third week of lectures 70% of programme fee shall be deducted from amount paid
Withdrawal after third week of lectures No Refund of entire fee paid
All students’ refunds are processed at the Finance Office following approval from the Registrar. Request for refund is processed at least within one week of request. Claims are processed in the name of the student or Sponsor; and not in the name of third party (e.g. parent, guardian, etc.)
D. RETURN TO INSTITUTE AFTER DEFERRAL
A student who returns to continue with the academic programme shall pay the prevailing programme bill in respect of the Level for which he has been re-admitted. If the student paid part fees before the deferment, the part fees so paid shall be deemed as part-payment of the prevailing fees for the Level to which he has been re-admitted.