iCampusGH: How To Use E-Learning Platform for SHS Students
Are you an SHS student in Ghana looking for an e-learning platform to learn from? Are you a parent or guardian whose child is in a secondary school in Ghana?
If YES, then your long time asked question is going to be answered in this article. In this article, I am going to show you everything you need to know about iCampus Ghana and how to use the e-learning platform for SHS students.
In April 2020, the president of Ghana, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo had to shut down all schools in the country as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
While some people were happy that they were coming to stay home, others weren’t because of the time the schools had to be shut down. It was just some few weeks to the commencement of the West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
As a measure to keep the Senior High School students at a pace with what they were taught in school, the Ministry of Education introduced iCampusGH.
What is iCampusGH
Icampusgh is an online education portal developed by the Ministry of Education in collaboration with the Ghana Education Service to assist SHS students during this COVID-19 period.
The online portal has over 25,000 study materials and assessment tests like quizzes, audios, videos, virtual laboratories, and online lessons.
Due to the several courses that are offered in the various secondary schools in Ghana, the materials on the portal can be accessed by all Senior High School students. All you need to do is to pick the subjects that are relevant to your program of study.
This was made possible by consultation with Ghana Education Service (GES) and the various teacher unions in Ghana; i.e. Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), and the National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT).
How To Use The E-Learning Platform for SHS Students
- Visit www.icampusgh.com
- Enter your 10-digit BECE index number plus the last two digits of your year of completion (e.g. 0123456789117 as your username and ghana@12345 as your default password. After, click on Log in
- You will have to change your password from the default password before you can proceed with using the platform
- Click on View all courses to see the available subjects on the portal
- Click on any of the available subjects (depending on your program of study) to enroll
- SHS 3 students are required to add 18 to their index number. E.g. 0123456789118
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of The Icampusgh E-Learning Platform
Technology indeed is taking over the world by surprise, and Ghana is getting its fair share of the global technological cake.
The iCampusGH platform introduced by the Ministry of Education has a lot of benefits and below are just a few of them:
- Students can gain free access to all the core and elective subjects offered at the secondary schools in Ghana.
- Students are allowed access to virtual laboratories, practicals, and simulations.
- Also, students get both video lessons and their accompanying lesson notes.
- After every lesson, students are given some test to access their understanding of the lesson.
How To Resolve Invalid Logins On The iCampusGH Portal
On certain occasions, when you try to log in with your index number and the default password, you may end up getting an invalid login. if so, then follow the steps below to resolve that issue
Add your year of completion to your BECE index number as the username. For example, your index number + 18, 19, or 20 for students who completed BECE in 2018, 2019, and 2020 respectively
Afterward, enter ghana@12345 as the default password and then click on log in.
How To Change Your Password on Icampusgh
- Visit icampusgh.com
- Log in to your account by entering your index number plus year of completion as your username and ghana@12345 as password
- Enter the default password in the new password field
- Enter your new password in the new password field and again in the second password field.
- Next, click on Save changes
- Once you are done, the changes will be made and you will be required to enter the new password whenever you are logging in.
This initiative by the Ministry of Education is one of the best academic initiatives that have ever been introduced in Ghana. With this portal, you can be able to access quality education wherever you are in the country.
For students who were not able to perform practicals in their respective schools, when on this platform they can use the virtual laboratory to gain what they missed in school.
Also, the portal has been mobile-friendly making it easy for everyone to use; whether you are using a mobile phone or a PC.
Most importantly, you need to make sure that you enter the index number you used to write your BECE. If you have forgotten, make sure to go back and get it; it is a 10-digit unique number and the first 7 digits are your school’s code.