How to transfer money from GCB to Mobile Money
Gone are the days GCB Bank customers queue at banking hall and ATMs at end of every month to transact business (withdrawing salary and depositing). But now, things has evolved. GCB Bank has introduced GCB mobile banking which help custmers to transfer money from their bank account into mobile money wallet and vice versa.
When it comes to sending or receiving money from your GCB bank account to your mobile money wallet, it is important to understand the process and how to access the service. Transferring money from GCB to mobile money is a convenient and secure way to send money to friends, family, and businesses.
Whether you are a frequent traveler, an international student, or just looking to save time and money, transferring funds from your GCB account to mobile money is an easy and reliable way to get the money where it needs to go.
In this article, we will help you understand the steps involved in transferring money from your GCB bank account to your mobile money wallet.
What is Mobile Money
Mobile Money is a service that allows you to use your mobile phone or Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) to store money in a form of electronic money or value for transactions. It is a convenient alternative to bank accounts.
What is G-Money Wallet?
It is a mobile money platform that facilitates the transfer of funds from one account (bank account or mobile wallet) to another, as well as the purchase of items and services, whether physical or electronic using a mobile device.
Transfering money from GCB to Mobile Money
Transferring Money from your GCB account to mobile money can be done using the GCB Mobile Banking service. To use this service, you must first have an active bank account with GCB and has also registered for the GCB Mobile Banking service.
How to register for GCB mobile banking
After creating an account with GCB, it’s now time to register for mobile banking and link link GCB account to the mobile banking service in order to bank at the convenient of your home.
- Dial *422# on your phone.
- A screen with a dialogue box will appear. 1) GCB Mobile Banking and 2) G-Money.
- Select option one (1) and click SEND.
- Enter your GCB bank account number and press send.
- Follow the prompt on the screen to complete the registration process.
- You have successfully registered and activated your GCB mobile banking account.
How to activate your account
After linking your account, you need to activate it in order to be able to use. To activate,
- Dial *422# on your phone.
- Select GCB Mobile Banking.
- Enter your bank account number.
- After pressing send, your menu will change and now, you can access your GCB account information.
How to Transfer Money from GCB to Mobile Money
Now that you have registered for mobile banking and linked your account to your mobile number, you can now send money from your GCB account to your Mobile money wallet and vice versa with ease.
- Dial *422# on the number you used in registering the bank account
- Select Option 6 (Bank Services)
- Select Option 4 (Bank to Wallet)
- Select mobile money service
- Select your bank account
- Confirm your Name
- Select Self or Other. If you select self, the money will be sent to your linked number. if you select other, you will be asked to enter recipient’s number.
- Enter Amount
- Enter PIN to Confirm
- Once the transfer is complete, you will receive an SMS notification confirming the successful transfer of funds to the recipient’s mobile money account.
Benefits of transferring Money from GCB to Mobile Money
- It is convenient. No need to show up at the bank. Every banking service is available wherever you are on your phone.
- A smartphone with an Internet connection is all you need to use mobile banking services.
- There is 24/7 availability. You can benefit from mobile banking services at any time.
- Every transaction is immediately tracked, stored, and accessed via a mobile app.
- Mobile banking services greatly improve the way customers view their financial operators.
- You only get the services you want without additional options that won’t benefit you in the long run.
- Mobile banking services reduce paper consumption and minimize personal carbon imprint.
How safe is money with mobile banking?
Your money is safe, transactions are highly protected using banking security standards.
What happens to the cash on my wallet if my SIM is lost or stolen?
All your transactions are protected by the highest level of security. You can replace your SIM card at any of the Telecom network’s outlet facilities. Your account will be immediately available to you following completion of the SIM card replacement process.
Do I have a specific time I can use GCB mobile banking service?
No. There is no time limit. You can use the service anytime and anywhere. The only time you can’t be able to access the service is when there is a system upgrade. And with that, you will be alerted ahead of time through SMS.
Transferring money from your GCB account to mobile money is a convenient and secure way to send money to friends, family, and businesses. With just a few simple steps, you can quickly and easily transfer funds to a recipient’s mobile money account. We hope this guide has helped you understand the process of transferring money from your GCB bank account to your mobile money wallet.