How to reverse MTN mobile money
If you’re an MTN mobile money user, you’re probably familiar with the convenience and ease of using this service. From making payments to sending and receiving money, MTN mobile money has been a great way to manage your finances.
However, it’s not always easy to keep track of transactions and ensure everything is accurate. If you’re ever in a situation where you need to reverse a transaction, there are a few ways you can do this. Here’s how to reverse MTN mobile money.
What is MTN mobile money
MTN Mobile Money is a secure electronic service that enables MTN Mobile Money wallet holders to store funds, send and receive money, make payments and do a number of other transactions simply using their mobile phone. It’s fast, simple, convenient and affordable. This service is offered by MTN in partnership with over 10 partner banks, in a number of countries across Africa.
How to reverse MTN mobile money transactions
There are four ways you can use to reverse your MTN mobile money transaction incase there is any wrongful transactions. You can directly call customer care to make complaint or you can make a report through the mtn mobile money menu and others.
To make a money money reversal from the MTN mobile money menu,
- Dial *170#
- Select option 6 (my wallet).
- Select option 4 (report fraud).
- Select option 1 (wrong transaction).
- Insert fraudsters number (the number you mistakenly sent the money to).
- Select Yes in the next popup.
- Key in the date you made the transaction error.
- Insert the amount.
- You will be notified od your report success via SMS and will be told investigation is ongoing.
3. Reverse by calling MTN customer care
With option 2, you will have to directly call MTN via their customer care number and make a report when you are connected to agent. This is the best method as it enables you to express your issue with a direct agent and action will be taken as soon as possible.
- Dial 100 and make a call
- Choose the language you want
- Choose mobile money service in the next options
- Speak to choose to an agent
- When the customer care agent answers your call, make your complaint and provide all necessary details when asked.
- You will be given a reference number and investigation will begin for your money to be reversed to back to you.
3. Visit MTN Ghana office to make a reversal complaint
With option 3, you will directly visit MTN Ghana office around you, seek to speak to the customer agent on seat and make your complaints. When going, make sure you go with your Ghana card and your mobile phone.
4. Reverse by calling the transaction receiver
With option 4, you only have to try your luck and hope the receiver comply with you. Make a call through the receivers number and plea for your money to be refunded to you.
How long does it take for reversal to take place
According to MTN, reversal investigation can last for 15 days. However, reversal can be less than 24 hours depending on the situation and how fast your make your report. Therefore, I will advise you to report your reversal issue as soon as possible.
It can be very hectic when you later finds out you have made a wrong transaction. Reversing MTN Mobile Money is a simple process. Following any of the options above, you will be on your way getting your money reversed back to you in no time. However, if the receiver makes a withdrawal before your reversal attempt, then your money is totally gone. With the right information and a bit of patience, users can successfully reverse any erroneous Mobile Money transactions, ensuring that their money is safe and secure.