How to prepare scent leaf tea
Scent leaf tea is a popular beverage in many parts of the world, from Africa to Southeast Asia. It has a unique flavor that can be enjoyed hot or cold, and is often used as a home remedy for a variety of ailments.
Whether you are looking to enjoy the flavor of scent leaf tea or you are trying to use it for medicinal purposes, this article will show you how to prepare and enjoy this flavorful beverage.
About scent leaf
Scent leaf whose botanical name is Ocimum Gratissimum, is a tropical plant that belongs to the family of Lamiaceae. A scent leaf plant can live for more than two (2) years and despite being a homegrown shrub, it can also be found in the wild areas.
It is an aromatic herb with great health and skin benefit, which can also be used in cooking. Asides from consuming scent leaf as a vegetable, it can also be taken by boiling and drinking.
Benefits of scent leaf
Scent leaf is very beneficial to humans and these benefits spread across medical health, skin and hair. Some benefits of scent leaf are as follows:
- It promotes eyesight
- It reduces bad cholesterol and increases blood circulation
- It aids digestion
- It cures heartburn
- It lowers blood sugar
- It facilitates milk production
- It prevents malaria
- It serves as a food preservative
- It can be used as a cosmetic fragrance
- It cures fungal infections
- It treats diarrhoea
- It cures menstrual pain, stomach ache and earache
- It cures fever
- It kills bacteria in the mouth
- It speeds up the healing of wounds
- It promotes hair growth
- It aids better reproductive health
- It relieves and refreshes the body.
How to prepare scent leaf tea
- Gas or stove
- Kettle or pot
- Scent leaf (make sure it is fresh)
- Wash your scent leaf thoroughly to remove dirt.
- Pour a glass of water or 2 ( this depends on how much the scent leaf is) into your kettle.
- Place your clean scent leaf in your kettle.
- Lit your gas or stove and boil for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, put off your gas or stove.
- The water and scent leaf mixture in your kettle is your scent leaf tea, pour in a cup, leave it to warm and drink.
NB: The reason why you have to boil your scent leaf simply means you are extracting all the nutrients present in the scent leaf and transferring it to the water in the kettle, which then becomes your scent leaf tea.
What does scent leaf do in a woman’s body?
You can use scent leaf to treat stomach aches, dysentery, diarrhea, and vomiting. It can aid in bloating alleviation and speed up the digestion of meals. The potential of fragrance leaf to decrease blood sugar is just one of its incredible health advantages. It can reverse the effects of nicotine and smoking on the body.
Is scent leaf good for menstruation?
Scent leaves have been found to have anti-inflammatory qualities similar to those of medications like aspirin and ibuprofen but are less harsh on the stomach’s linings.
Do scent leaves boost ovulation?
The stigmasterol substances in scent leaves may aid in egg development. Vaginal fluid discharge is decreased by tannin and zinc. Scent leaves are among the greatest herbs for fertility after 40 since they also contain the chemical tryptophan, which may aid to delay menopause.
Can scent leave aid in conception?
High in nutrients, scent leaf is also a well-known fertility enhancer. It contains a lot of vitamin A, which supports healthy vision.
Now that you know how to prepare scent leaf tea, it’s time to enjoy it. This flavorful beverage can be enjoyed hot or cold, and is a great way to get some relaxation and enjoyment while also providing some potential health benefits. So, take some time to enjoy the flavor of scent leaf tea and let yourself relax.