How to make shower gel in Ghana
Making your own shower gel in Ghana is a great way to save money and know exactly what ingredients are in your product. Not only is it a cost-effective way to keep your skin clean and hydrated, but you can also customize it to fit your needs.
Whether you are looking for something natural and organic or something more luxurious, you can make a perfect homemade recipe that suits your needs.
How to make a shower gel in Ghana
- Liquid soap or any fragrance soap of your choice.
- Small saucepan.
- Transparent measuring cup.
- Wire strainer
- Guar gum (optional)
- Vegetable glycerin
- Organic coconut oil (optional)
- Argan Oil (optional)
- An organic shea oil (optional)
- An essential oil (Based on your preference)
- A plastic or glass container to store your shower gel
How to prepare
- Cut your hard soap into pieces using a sharp knife and crumble. If liquid soap, pour into a saucepan.
- Add the water to the crumbled or liquid soap in the small saucepan.
- Stir gently over low to medium heat until the soap is dissolved.
- Carefully strain melted soap into the measuring cup.
- Leave the hot gel cool.
- Mix in guar gum, glycerin, coconut oil, and essential oils.
- Pour the mixture immediately into the glass or plastic container.
- The shower gel will thicken over time.
- The oils will increase the moisturizing benefits of the soap.
- The preparation of your shower gel would barely last an hour as the process is simple.
What is a shower gel
Shower gel is a specialized liquid product used for cleaning the body during showers. Not to be confused with liquid soaps, shower gels, in fact, do not contain saponified oil. Instead, it uses synthetic detergents derived from either petroleum or plant sources.
Importance of using shower gel
- Shower gels provide good foaming ability.
- It has cleaning effectiveness, as well as mildness to prevent skin irritation or over-drying.
- Conditioning agents are added to the product to moisturize the skin both during and after use.
- Provide long lasting fragrance.
Difference between shower gel and body wash
Basically, the difference between gels and washes is the consistency. Products called body washes are thinner and runnier, more like liquid hand soap or dish soap. Shower gels, by contrast, have a gel-like consistency and are usually not runny.
Is shower gel better than soap?
If you’re looking for something eco-friendly and sustainably made to cleanse dirt from your body, basic bar soap is your shower soulmate. If you need skin hydration, serious exfoliation, or acne treatment during your shower, a body wash or shower gel might be the better choice.
Making a shower gel in Ghana is easy, and the results are luxurious and refreshing. With just a few simple steps and ingredients, you can have a high quality shower gel that will leave your skin feeling great and smelling wonderful. So, put together the ingredients and create a luxurious shower gel that will make your showers even more enjoyable.