How to check NOV/DEC Index Number
NOV/DEC Index number is what candidates will use in writing their private WAEC exams. Unlike the WASSCE where your school will get you your index number, you will have to personally get it yourself when it comes to NOV/DEC.
After successful paying the required fee for the exams, WAEC will the release index numbers into a portal for all candidates to use their invoice codes and retrieve their index needs. Without index number, you cannot sit for the NOV/DEC exams and you can also not be able to check your results after the exams. So, its very necessary to know how to retrieve your index number for the NOV/DEC exams.
In this article, we will show you how to get your NOV/DEC index number after its release and also, how to know your examination centers for the exams.
About WAEC NOV/DEC exams
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) is the body responsible for administering examinations in the English-speaking countries of West Africa. Every year, WAEC offers two exam sessions: the Nov/Dec session, which is held from November to December, and the May/June session, which is held from May to June.
In Ghana, the Nov/Dec session of WAEC exams is usually conducted for senior high school students in their third year, as well as junior high school students in their second year. This session of exams determines the placement of these students in the next academic year.
It is important for all students who plan to sit for the WAEC Nov/Dec exams in Ghana to check their index numbers.
How to check NOV/DEC index number
- Visit WAEC NovDec registration portal
- Enter your invoice number in the space required to do so.
- Click on “fetch index sheet” to access your index number.
- You can write down your index number after it shows on the screen.
- You can also decide to print it out by clicking on the print to save it on your computer as PDF or print it out.
How to check your Nov/Dec examination center
After getting your index number in the step above, its now time to know where you will be writing your exams in order to be able to visit your exams grounds and get familiar with the place if you want to. If you also don’t know the places, its time to ask for locations so you don’t find yourself wanting when time is due.
- Login to WAEC registration portal
- Click on “click here for admission notice” link.
- You will see a warning on the bottom right after clicking on the link. Click on ignore warming to proceed.
- In the next window, fill in your index number or invoice code and click on continue to view.
- Click print to print it out or save as PDF on your computer.
What is WAEC index number
This is a ten digit number that one needs in order to gain permission to sit for national exam at the end of the year. It is impossible to sit for an exam without providing the index number. This number is used to uniquely identify students that come into the examination room.
Is WAEC Accepted outside West Africa?
You can definitely make use of your WAEC result to study anywhere in the world, as long as your certificate is able to meet up to the school’s cut-off mark, and the particular university in which you wish to study at.
Checking your WAEC Nov/Dec Index Number is easy. All you need to do is to log into the follow the procedures above. Make sure you have all the details needed for verification before proceeding.