How to check NBSSI loan status
The National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI) is a government agency established to promote and develop small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Ghana. It was established by the Ministry of Trade and Industry and provides credit, technical and business support services to businesses across the country. NBSSI has become an important part of the economy, providing essential services to thousands of SMEs in Ghana.
NBSSI also provides financial assistance in the form of loans to SMEs to help them start and expand their businesses. This loan is designed to enable businesses to purchase raw materials, purchase assets and invest in capital improvements that will increase productivity and profitability.
NBSSI COVID 19 relief loan application portal
The Government of Ghana through the Economic Transformation Project is providing grants to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) impacted by the Covid-19 Pandemic as the second phase of relief grants to SMEs.
The Ghana Enterprises Agency (formerly National Board for Small Scale Industries), an agency under the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI) is implementing the Covid-19
Response Grant Programme and is inviting eligible High Growth Potential SMEs that have been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic to apply for the grant.
Registering for the NBSSI loan
NBSSI loan application is currently closed as at the time of writing this article which means they are no longer accepting applications. However, when they open the application, below are the methods to follow to apply.
- Applicant must visit the NBSSI registration portal at https://nbssi.gv.gh/recoveryprogram
- The Applicant must select the event she/he wants to register for.
- The Applicant may apply directly as a new user or use her/his account identifiers if she/he is already a member of the NBSSI’s in order to access the registration form.
- The applicant must give general information about herself/himself and her/his organization after the registration procedure has begun.
- Then, details about the applicable price are given to the applicant.
- The applicant is then required to check the box indicating their approval of the T&Cs, select their preferred payment method, provide their invoicing information, and submit their payment.
- Once this stage is complete, the registration is confirmed.
How to check NBSSI loan status
Checking your NBSSI loan status means you have applied for the grant when the portal was opened and you already have an account. To check your loan status,
- Visit https://ghrecoveryprogram.com/
- At the top right corner, click on sign in
- Insert the mobile number you used for registration.
- Follow the next prompt and login to your dashboard to check your loan status.
- You will be notified by SMS if your application was selected. However, if you have not received any message, then its advisable to check your loan status.
Who is eligible to apply for funding?
All Ghanaian-owned businesses, registered or unregistered are eligible to apply for funding. It is advisable to register, only when your business has been active for atleast 6 months or more.
How will I be notified if my application is approved?
Applicants will be notified via SMS, email or a phone call. Please don’t pay money to anyone while you wait to be notified.
Do I have to pay any money before registering for the NBSSI program?
No. NBSSI does not charge any application fees for this Program. However, if your loan request is approved, you will pay interest and repay the principal amount according to the terms of the loan agreement.
Can I access a loan to start a new business?
No. This fund seeks to provide relief to businesses that have been in operation for at least 6 months before date of application
NBSSI contact details
If you have any issue with the system or process, please visit the Client Portal via their website https://ghrecoveryprogram.com/app/registration/login and Sign In into your account. Once you sign into your account you can send a message to the Customer Support team by clicking on Messages button.
You can also call the Helpline at 0302 747 775 if you would like to speak to someone.
The NBSSI loan program is an initiation to support SME’s who has been running for quite a while and now struggling to stand. It worth seeking their assistance as they are here to support every Ghanaian business entrepreneur.