How to buy ECG prepaid online
Purchasing an ECG prepaid online is a great way to get access to prepaid electricity at a discounted rate. This method also helps you to end the stress of always having to pay for transportation or walk miles just to look for a vendor to load your prepaid card. Whether you are looking for a one-time payment or want to set up a recurring payment plan, buying ECG prepaid online is the way to go.
Before you buy an ECG prepaid online, it is important to understand the process and all the different options available. You can choose to purchase ECG prepaid via the ECG App, Epower App, Shortcode for non-smartphone users or through Mobile money. In this article, you will learn the basics of buying ECG prepaid online and how to make the most of your purchase.
How to buy ECG prepaid online using ECG mobile app
- Download and install the ECG mobile app from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Register a fresh account on the app by providing your phone number and email before choosing a password that is known to only you.
- Go to the bottom-right of the page to input the details of your meter by clicking on the plus (+) sign.
- If your own more than one meter, it is also possible to add another on the app.
- Select the “Top-up” option to add some money to your balance.
- Select the “Pay Bills” option to pay for your postpaid meter bills.
- Verify that the payment has been completed through your chosen payment method (mobile money or any accredited debit or credit cards).
How to buy ECG prepaid online using Epower App
- Download the app on your smartphone and install it
- Open the app on your phone and then register a new account by providing your phone number, email address, and full name.
- After that, input a secret password.
- Click on the prepaid icon and proceed to supply your meter identification number.
- Input the amount you want to recharge with, the owner of the meter, and their location.
- Follow the prompt by providing further information requiring payment, and your electricity meter will be topped up.
How to buy ECG prepaid online using shortcode for non-smartphone users
Even without a smartphone, you can still purchase your ECG prepaid on your “drop that yam” phone by using s shortcode. The shortcode can be used to pay your ECG bills, top up your ECG prepaid meter, update and make changes to your ECG customer profile.
- Dial *226# on your phone.
- Choose the “Prepaid Meter” option.
- Select the “Pay Bill” option.
- Input the number of your prepaid meter
- Make the necessary payment by choosing your preferred payment method.
- Wait till it is confirmed that your payment has been completed.
How to buy ECG prepaid online using MTN Mobile Money
- Dial *170#
- Enter 2 for “Pay Bill”
- Enter 1 for “Utilities”
- Enter 1 again to select the “ECG” option
- Input your account number followed by the amount, reference number and your MoMo PIN
- Wait for a notification to confirm successful payment.
How to check your prepaid meter number
To know your meter number, press 65 on your meter then the blue button. The meter number is the 11 digit number that display on the screen.
How to check prepaid meter balance
You can check your prepaid meter balance by logging into your ECG mobile app and check your meter balance on your dashboard. You can also check your physical meter at home.
How to repair a faulty meter
You should report any case of malfunctioning meter to ECG, who will send a representative to come to pick it up and take it for repair at Ghana Electrometer (GEM). If its a minor fault, it can also be fixed at your home and you will be made to pay a service charge fee.
Buying ECG prepaid online is a great way to get access to prepaid electricity at a discounted rate. Just make sure to read the terms and conditions of the prepaid card before making your purchase and to keep your card information safe. With this guide, you should now have a better understanding of how to buy ECG prepaid online.