How to apply for teacher training college in Ghana
Teacher training college is a great way to gain the credentials and experience you need to become a successful teacher. The teachers’ training colleges were founded to develop human resources and cater to the increase in demand for teachers in schools.
Teacher education in Ghana is taken with a lot of seriousness and is tailored to meet the country’s wide-ranging educational needs. This article will provide you with information on the different requirements and steps you need to take to apply for teacher training college in Ghana.
Qualification needed for teacher training college in Ghana
You must be a WASSCE holder, who has pass in at least six subjects. These comprise English Language and Mathematics with a minimum of C6 in any three of the six subjects relevant to your program choice.
If you are an SSCE holder, you must pass at least six subjects, including English language and Mathematics. Three of the six subjects must be directly related to the program of your choice.
How to apply for teacher training colleges in Ghana
To apply to Teacher Training College in Ghana, you are required to purchase an admission form, fill and submit it. If you are starting your application or are interested in applying, kindly follow the guide below to know how to purchase the Teacher Training admission forms and how to apply.
- Visit any Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited branch and make a payment of Two Hundred Cedis (GHC200.00) into the Teacher Training Colleges Account.
- You can also dial *924*8# and make payment using your mobile money for your eVoucher.
- After payment, you will be given an eVoucher which consist of a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and An Admission Application Serial Number.
- You would then have to select three Colleges of your choice for your program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language. Kindly note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- Now, visit admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific stated there to fill the online application form.
- After completing the online application form, you will then have to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of your WAEC results slip(s) (where available) via post office by addressing it to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College you chose.
- You will then receive an SMS (text message) confirming your application, So make sure you provided the correct phone numbers when filling the online application form.
- You will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS when your application is processed.
- If you do not receive such notifications then it to means that your applications was unsuccessful.
NB: The Teacher Training Colleges will confirm results and details you provide, from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. If you submitted fake or falsified documents in support of your applications you will face legal consequences.
Courses offered at teacher training colleges in Ghana
- Bachelor of Education – Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Education – Early Childhood Development
- Bachelor of Education – English & Arabic
- Bachelor of Education – English & Ghanaian Language
- Bachelor of Education – French
- Bachelor of Education – Geography & History
- Bachelor of Education – Home Economics
- Bachelor of Education – ICT & Mathematics
- Bachelor of Education – ICT & Science
- Bachelor of Education – Mathematics and Science
- Bachelor of Education – P.E & Science
- Bachelor of Education – Primary Education
- Bachelor of Education – RME & Music
- Bachelor of Education – Technical/ Vocational
- Bachelor of Education – Visual Arts
Do colleges of education accept D7?
It depends on the certificate you are using to apply. While a credit pass in WASSCE means grades from A1 to C6, a credit pass for SSCE means grades from A1 to D7. So, if you have a D7 in SSCE, you may be considered for admission.
Applying for teacher training college in Ghana is an exciting yet challenging process. It requires careful research and planning, as well as a deep understanding of the requirements, fees, and admission processes.
With the right preparation and perseverance, you can successfully pursue your teacher training goals and make the most of your teacher training experience, making a positive impact on the education system in Ghana.