How to Apply for GETFund Scholarship in Ghana
GETFund is a government initiative aimed at sponsoring the education of Ghanaian students here in Ghana or abroad for either Undergraduate, Masters or Professional High Degree programs.
You can also be a beneficiary of this program; all you need to do is apply for the scholarship, and you may be picked.
However, you need to meet some flexible requirements that would qualify you. Flexible because these are certificates and identification that all Ghanaian students possess.
Check them out below and start to make provisions for the ones you may not have at the moment.
Requirements of the GETFund Scholarship
- Write an application letter. This letter should contain your name, school, and course in the introduction. If you held any position in school, you could also add that. What would you want to be in the future and why? Proceed to tell them why they should consider you.
- Upload a scanned copy of proof of nationality. It could be a copy of your passport or any other national ID.
- Upload a scanned copy of the admission letter clearly stating the program duration. What this means is that you will need to apply to a school and be admitted before you will be able to get the scholarship.
- Upload a scanned copy of the approved fee schedule
- Upload a copy of Secondary School Certificate results (WASSCE, SSSCE, CTVET or any other certificate recognised by Ghana Tertiary Education Commission, GTEC, where applicable.
- Upload a scanned copy of previous academic term transcripts for continuing students(where applicable).
- Upload a scanned copy of the previous undergraduate certificate(Degree, HD, Diploma) and corresponding transcripts for applicants pursuing another undergraduate degree certificate (where applicable)
If you meet the requirements above, you can now go ahead to apply for the scholarship. You owe it to yourself to write a persuasive application letter stating why you deserve this scholarship since many other students also want it.
Here is how to apply for the scholarship;
- Visit the Ghana Education Trust Fund application portal. scholarships.getfund.gov.gh to sign up
- Log in after signing up by entering the username and password used
- Fill out the GETfund Scholarship application form online by uploading the relevant documents asked on the form
- Submit your application
Get a scholarship to study at any accredited tertiary institution in Ghana. What are your chances? You may ask, you need to be a good student who can write a convincing application letter.
They are currently closed for applications, but you can try again when it opens. Send them these informative articles if you know anyone who would also easily qualify for this scholarship.