List of Free to Air Channels, Satellite Frequency & Symbol Rates in Ghana
Satellite Television in Ghana has grown rapidly since the advent of Free to Air in 2011, with many more people having access to their favorite channels, both international and local. However, you may be wondering how you can receive those channels into your home or business.
Since the frequencies and symbol rates vary from country to country, this post takes an in-depth look at Free-to-Air satellite frequencies and their symbol rates in Ghana, as well as a list of digital TV frequencies in Ghana.
What is Free to Air Satellite TV
Free-to-Air Satellite TV is a popular way for many people living in remote areas of developing countries, such as Ghana to access television channels.
To receive the satellite signals broadcast by satellites orbiting the Earth, it is necessary to have a dish antenna positioned facing skyward.
What are digital TV frequencies?
Digital TV frequencies are measured by the number of megahertz (MHz) that a signal occupies on the electromagnetic spectrum.
The symbols per second (s/s) is a measure of how many individual bits of data are sent per second during transmissions, which translates into how many images or frames per second are sent.
Benefits of Free-to-Air Satellite
There are many benefits of free-to-air satellite but let us talk about 3 simple benefits you get from it:
- Free to Air satellite services have excellent signal quality with high-definition pictures, which is perfect for people who live in rural areas.
- Free to Air satellite is a great option for families who want to watch different channels without the hassle of a cable contract.
- Free to Air satellite is easy on your wallet as you don’t need a satellite dish or receiver, so you can save money on equipment if you are tight on cash.
Free to Air Satellite frequency and symbol rates in Ghana
|Free to Air Satellite||Position||Frequency||Symbol Rate|
|Mega Choice||29/30* East||11294||45000|
|Multi Tv (Astra2F)||28.2*/28.5*/26* East||11595||30000|
|Hot Bird 13*||13* East||11541||22000|
|Eutelsat 36*||36* East||12245||27500|
|Eutelsat 7*||7* East||11599||27500|
|Intelsat 20||68.5* East||12633||16166|
|Intelsat 7||68.5* East||12722||26657|
|Ses 4.8*||4.8* East||12014||30000|
|Eutelsat 36B||35.9* East||11843||27500|
|ARABSAT 5C||20* East||3712||1599|
|Dish on TV promo||—-||11938||27500|
|CCTV 4 Europe||—-||12034||27500|
List of digital TV frequencies in Ghana
|Digital (TV) Channels||Frequency|
|Atlantic TV Network||11635|
|Great 1 TV||11635|
|Second Chance TV||11635|
|Core TV News||11675|
How to scan for satellite channels in Ghana
To get a satellite channel in Ghana, you first need to scan for the channel on your digital decoder. Below are the steps you can follow to scan your satellite channels in Ghana.
- Mount your satellite dish on your roof.
- Connect your decoder to the satellite dish using the antenna port at the back of your TV with its designated cable.
- After successfully connecting everything, turn on your decoder and TV.
- Click on the menu button on your decoder’s remote.
- Select the channel and press on it
- On the next pop-up, select scan channels.
- Select your country.
- Select auto search.
- Choose tuner mode.
- Now, press search and wait for the search process to run successfully.
- Now, go through the channel list and check out your favorites that have been scanned.
How can I get more channels on my digital TV?
For more channels, follow the scanning process above and scan again. The more you scan, the newer channels you discover.
Factors that go into choosing the best way to use satellite television
- Geographic location.
- Type of programming you want.
- How much you are willing to spend.
Setting up your satellite and searching for your favorite channel has now been made easier with this article. Just follow the procedures as stated and there will be less difficult on your way.