Best Body Lotion for Chocolate/Brown Skin People in Ghana
‘melanin popping,’ ‘brown skin girl,’ and ‘black girl magic’ are terms used to describe a lady with beautiful and glowing brown skin. How do you achieve such a skin type? Devoid of blemishes and hyperpigmentation? We will introduce you to body lotions that will help you in this pursuit.
These body lotions do not bleach your skin because they do not contain harsh chemicals. They rather nourish, smoothen, and sooth your skin to bring out that complexion you desire.
It is important to note the difference between brown and caramel skin. Miss South Africa 2020 Shudufadzo Musida, actresses Kelly Rowland and Gabrielle Union are women with beautiful brown skin.
Musicians Beyonce, Rihanna, and actor Rome Flynn have caramel skin complexion. Hence you need to know the skin complexion you have or want to achieve. The list we have for you helps you maintain a healthy brown glow.
Active ingredients available in these lotions include Vitamins C, A, E, B3, tea tree oil, argan oil, and coconut oil, among others, to help nourish the skin. The prices of these lotions differ from cosmetic shop to cosmetic shop, but you can get any of them below GHS 25 to GHS 300. You can purchase them online or at a cosmetic shop near you.
Below are our top picks of the best body lotion for people with brown skin in Ghana
- Dove summer glow
- Palmers cocoa butter formula
- Vaseline intensive care lotion
- Jergens hydrating coconut
- Nivea nourishing cocoa
- Queen Elizabeth cocoa butter
- Jergens shea butter
- Easy tone cocoa butter
- Vaseline cocoa butter deep conditioning body cream
- Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion
- Bath and body works hot cocoa and shea cream
- Renate shea body milk
- Argan oil body butter
- Eversheen cocoa butter
- Neutrogena body lotion
Always be sure to check the ingredients available in your lotion to know if you are allergic to any of them or if there are dangerous chemicals like hydroquinone, mercury, betamethasone, or glutathione in them. We have other helpful tips to give you on maintaining a healthy and the importance of using lotions and creams after taking your bath.
Read on to pick up a few things.
Why it is important to use body lotion/cream after bathing
- Using body lotion helps to stay hydrated and soft. Body lotions contain moisture agents that keep the skin soft and supple.
- Using body lotion slows signs of aging, which include wrinkles and dryness. Dryness causes itching and discomfort.
- Using good body creams and lotions helps cover blemishes and reduce the black spots that appear because of pimples and acne.
- Body lotions help keep the skin healthy against disorders like psoriasis, hives, rosacea, etc.
- It is an inexpensive way to pamper yourself.
How to maintain a healthy skin
- Bath twice a day. Taking a bath day and night helps eliminate unwanted germs on the skin and keeps it healthy and clean. It keeps your skin thirsty and makes way for your body lotion to work on your skin. It even helps to improve your mood and reduces fatigue after a long day’s work.
- Use sunscreen. The sun causes damage to your skin. Believe it or not and sunscreen prevents that. It blocks ultraviolet light to prevent sunburn, skin cancer, and premature aging. Regular use of sunscreen can also prevent hyperpigmentation.
- Get enough sleep. Research has shown that collagen production and cell turnover increase at night, so goodnight’s sleep helps these cells work better. When you don’t get enough sleep at night, you will develop saggy skin with dark circles, and oh, you look tired all the time.
- Research has also shown that fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants that help protect the skin from internal and external damage. Hence it is important to consume a lot of fruits and vegetables to maintain healthy skin. You can even purchase capsules and gummies that contain multivitamins in place of fruits. Avoiding some foods help to keep healthy skin and encourages normal period flow because hormonal imbalance plays a significant role in maintaining healthy skin.
- Drink more fluids.
Nothing beats healthy and glowing skin. Your confidence is at its peak, and you wear any dress you want to wear without feeling insecure. You look good and feel good. They say that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, but you can also feel beautiful if you have perfect skin. Avoid dark patches, hyperpigmentation, dry skin, and uneven skin tone today by using the lotion that best suits you and following a strict skincare routine.
Buy any of the lotions above online, on Instagram, Jumia, Jiji, or any cosmetic shop in Ghana.