7 Ways to Send Money to Ghana from any part of the World
There are different ways of sending money to Ghana. It has never been easy using methods that come with high charges. Sometimes the time involved to get your money to your loved one may even scare you away.
Today, I am going to share with you the top 7 ways to transfer money to friends and family in Ghana.
Sending Money to Ghana Using PayPal
PayPal is the most widely used online payment gateway. Take it or leave it. Aside from the fact that, PayPal has taken Ghana out of the account ownership, you can still use PayPal in Ghana.
Why? Consider yourself a US citizen who has come to Ghana. Does your coming to Ghana stop you from using your PayPal account? Sure no. There are a lot of Ghanaians using PayPal at the moment. Call it illegal. But something that is international, I don’t understand why a particular country should be left out.
Is it for security? I don’t think so. Why? Because countries like US, Russia, and India have the most learned hackers. Yet they are not banned from using PayPal. Is it the country’s laws? Maybe.
There was once PayPal stated on their community website that a country’s laws and policies could stop them from running their service there. I am suspecting this as the cause. Though I’m not too sure.
This is how you send money to someone in Ghana using PayPal:
- Let the recipient get a PayPal account.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click on “Send and Request” from your account menu.
- Choose Pay for Goods and Services
- Enter your recipient’s email address (the one linked to his / her PayPal account.
- Enter the amount you want to send and hit Send. That’s all! It’s instant.
You just sent your friend in Ghana money through PayPal. Though there are small charges, you can’t compare it to those huge bank charges you are going to pay, not to talk of the queue and the embarrassments.
Sending Money to Ghana Using Western Union
Western Union Transfer has been the commonest method of sending money to Ghana. Though there are somewhat high charges, and stress in locating a vendor and all that, half a loaf, they say is better than none.
It has been the only method most Ghanaians know. In fact, when someone hears of money transfer in Ghana, the only thing that comes to mind is Western Union.
Even with working online, Ghanaian youths want to get paid through Western Union. Myself I’ve never used Western Union for transactions. Probably because no one is sending me money from outside the country, lol.
But sending money to Ghana using Western Union isn’t anything difficult. At least I did the research.
This is how you send money to someone in Ghana using Western Union:
- Go to a Western Union Vendor around you (not in all countries though). In Ghana Western Union vendors are with most of the banks.
- Tell them you want to send money to someone in Ghana
- Your details are taken, such as your name and email address.
- A unique code is given to you to send to the recipient.
- You send the code to your friend and tells him to go to the vendor for the money.
It is as simple as that.
Other methods of sending Money to Someone in Ghana
Apart from the two methods stated above, below are some channels you can use to send money to someone in Ghana:
Do you send or receive money in Ghana? What are your experiences? What are the methods you used? Did we miss them in this article? Please share with us so we can update to improve the article for future users. Thank you.