How to register your SIM by yourself
Registering your SIM card in Ghana is an easy process which was mainly done by visiting your network providers office or a nearby retailer. Recently, NCA and the government of Ghana ordered for a SIM re-registration in order to reduce the high rate of scam and fraud.
This exercise has made SIM registration much more convenient as one can now register a SIM Card at the comfort of their home. But first, the need to purchase the SIM at any retailer shop before you begin the SIM registration process.
How to register your SIM by yourself in Ghana
- Dial *404#
- Enter Your Ghana Card Number (letters and figures without hyphens)
- Confirm Ghana Card Number
- Enter Your Surname
- Enter Your First Name(s)
- Enter Date of Birth
- Select Sex (Male or Female)
- Confirm the Details entered and click Submit
- A unique code will be generated for you.
The process is not yet done. After receiving the unique code from the first process, you now move to the main SIM registration process and for that, you need to use an app called SIM SELF REG APP on Google play store.
- Download the GH SIM Self Reg App App from Google Store.
- Once you download the App, you have to create an Account by providing your phone number (note that the number does not necessarily have to be the SIM you are registering).
- Provide your Email address, First name and Last name and a 4-digit PIN.
- Log in using the credentials you created in step 2 and 3 to start the SIM registration.
- Select the type of ID you will be using. Ghana card will be the only option in this section.
- Select your network provider (MTN, Vodafone, Airtel Tigo and Glo) from the list provided.
- After network selection, enter the number of the SIM you want to register.
- Enter the phone number you want to use for mobile payment. (If you are using the same number, you entered when you were creating the account, you can leave it blank).
- One you have selected the Ghana Card ID, enter your unique code (the number your network operator provided to you when you did the first registration).
- If you forget the unique code number, you can dial *400# on your network.
- If you have not yet linked your Ghana card ID with your phone number, please do so by dialing *404# to do so.
- After validation of your subscriber unique code, you will be prompted to confirm your payment.
- Click on confirm to initiate the payment process. The mobile money provider will send you SMS to enter your PIN to confirm you are paying for SIM registration.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive notification on your mobile money account for payment to be authorized.
- You will need to scan your Ghana Card ID in the next step. The app will load your personal information and the document number on the screen. Please pay attention to the screen and follow the prompts on the screen to capture the front and back of your Ghana Card.
- After scanning your Ghana Card, the app will ask you take a selfie for a liveness and likeness check and also scan your face to confirm you as the real owner of the card. If successful, the app will send you to the next step to scan your fingerprints.
- You will see a screen with the instructions on how to scan your fingerprints. After reading the instructions, click to start scanning.
- If successful, you will get a notification that you are done with this for both your left and right fingerprints.
Congratulations! You have successfully registered your SIM Card by yourself if you have successfully gone through all the above process.
Registering your SIM by yourself is a relatively simple process that can save you time, money, and frustration. By following the steps outlined in this article, you will be able to complete the registration process quickly and easily, allowing you to get your SIM up and running in no time.