Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2019/2020 for International Students at Sciences Po – France Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2019/2020 for International Students at Sciences Po – France
Interested apps and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity
Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2019/2020
Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarship after the founder of Sciences Po (1871) in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. This scholarship is not automatically awarded. A request for it must be made in the section designated for the purpose on the application form.
- Offered annually? Yes
- Type: Bachelors Programme, Masters Programme
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
- Award Provider: Sciences Po University, France
- Eligible Countries: International
- To be taken at (country): Sciences Po University, Paris, France
About the Award: The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements. The Emile Boutmy/MIEM scholarship may not be supplemented with other scholarship (Eiffel scholarship, AEFE scholarship, BGF…).
Eligibility: Eligible students are those, first-time applicants, from a non-European Union state, whose household does not file taxes within the European Union, and who have been admitted to the Undergraduate or Master’s programme. Students who are not eligible are:
- Swiss and Norwegian applicants, since they may be entitled to CROUS scholarships
- Candidates who have dual citizenship, including from a European Union state
- Candidates from Quebec for a master degree (since they may take advantage of sliding scale fees same as European applicants). Candidates for bachelor degree are eligible
- Dual-degree candidates. Only applicants for the following dual degrees are eligible:
- the dual degree in Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Fudan University with the concentration Europe-Asia in Global Affairs (only applicants with Chinese nationality)
- the dual degree Sciences Po/Peking University (only applicants of Chinese nationality)
- Ph.D. programme students (thesis)
- Candidates to the 1 year Master’s programmes
- Exchange students
Selection Criteria: This scholarship is awarded based on factors of excellence and according to the type of profile sought for this programme. Social criteria are also taken into account. Selection Process: The Admissions Department is responsible for awarding Boutmy scholarships.Value and Duration of Scholarship: The Emile Boutmy scholarship is awarded to Undergraduate and Masters students arriving at Sciences Po for their first year of study. Undergraduate Scholarship: The Emile Boutmy programme can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme, in addition to a grant to cover part of the cost of living of €5000 per year.
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate programme.
On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of 19,000€ may be granted to cover the three years of College. Scholarship amounts are decided during the different admission juries. If you do not validate your academic year, your scholarship will be lost. If you have been granted for a scholarship and you decide to defer your admission, your scholarship will be lost. During the year abroad (third year of the undergraduate programme): Scholarship recipients will retain their tuition fee grant and the additional cost of living grant (if applicable) during their year abroad. Masters Scholarship: The Emile Boutmy/Miem programme can take several different forms:
- A grant of €10,000 per year to cover tuition fees for the two years of the Masters
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the two years of the Masters.
If you do not validate your academic year, your scholarship will be lost. If you have been granted for a scholarship and you decide to defer your admission, your scholarship will be lost.
Application Form – How to Apply:
In order to apply to this scholarship, you must notify it on your application form, as well as include a proof of income and documents explaining your family situation. Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship in their Sciences Po application. Students will also be required to include proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, death certificate…). It is important to visit the Scholarship Webpage (link below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Deadline for the undergraduate programme: 8th April, 2019
- Deadline for masters programme: 3rd January, 2019
For More Information: Click Here to the Official Webpage of Emile Boutmy Scholarship 2019/2020 for International Students at Sciences Po – France for more information.