ActionAid Ghana Recruitment 2018 For Logistics Assistant/Driver
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the ActionAid Ghana Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
ActionAid Ghana Recruitment 2018
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid International is looking to employ an experienced and self- motivated individual as a Logistics Assistant/Driver to fill the vacancy on the Northern Ghana Governance Activity Project (NGGA). The NGGA is a Consortium of four (4) partner NGOs of which AAG is a member. The other members are WANEP, SEND and CARE International is the lead partner. The project seeks to bring together first-hand knowledge and expertise in evidence-based, gender responsive development programming in Northern Ghana to empower poor women and smallholder farmers to promote more productive and equitable engagement in agriculture through training, networking, advocacy and joint action. This Project is being implemented with the generous support of the American People, through USAID.
Logistics Assistant/Driver (Northern Ghana Governance Activity (NGGA) Project
The Logistics Assistant/Driver reports to the Upper West Regional Programme Manager. The role provides support for effective logistics management and reliable/safe driving of staff and authorized personnel towards the achievement of the overall goal of the NGGA project.
• Supports in the effective management of logistics
• Drives with utmost professionalism staff /guests to and from project sites and official programmes
• Ensures effective vehicle maintenance and management
Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must hold a Diploma or its equivalent and possess a valid driving license with 5 years’ experience and proven track record in a development sector that translates into the following competencies:
• Knowledge of basic principles in logistics management
• Knowledge of Defensive Driving skills
• Knowledge of Basic computer skills
• Knowledge of Road signs and traffic regulations
• Knowledge of Auto-Mechanism and ability to diagnose minor faults
• Skills in first aid administration and management
• Cost consciousness
• Learning orientation
Salary: This role is on NM 2 of ActionAid Ghana Salary Structure
This position is on a two (2) year fixed term employment contracts on national terms and conditions.
Location: Wa, Upper West Region
How To Apply For The Job
Please note that Curriculum Vitaes CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
or forwarded to:
The Head of HROD & Administration,
P. O. Box AN 19083,
Tel: + 233244-316392 / +23328-9109560
Closing Date: 10 August, 2018
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and invited for assessment.
“ActionAid Ghana is an equal opportunities employer. Whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.”